NOTE – ALL VITA SITES ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. The IRS tax filing deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020.
Tax season runs from January 27-July 15, 2020. There are three organizations in the Greater Milwaukee area that operate VITA sites where qualified individuals can can receive free help with filling out and filing their personal incomes taxes. The VITA sites listed below provide FREE tax preparation and electronic filing services to individuals and families in Milwaukee County who make $58,000 or less per year.
VITA Site Locations
Tax preparation is provided BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Each site requires that you make an appointment in advance. Take a look at the locations listed below and decide which one is most convenient for you. Appointments can be made by phone or online.
Social Development Commission – 3 Locations
1730 W North Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53205
6848 N Teutonia Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53209
2968 S Chase Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207
Schedule an appointment by phone for any location at 414-206-2262.
Appointments can also be scheduled for any location online HERE.
What to Bring
Bringing the following items to your appointment will help things move quickly. If you have questions on any of the items list, please ask when you schedule an appointment.
- Proof of Identification
- Social Security Card or Individual Tax Payer Identification Number (ITIN) for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for all on the tax return
- Both spouses must be present if married filing jointly
- All Forms: W-2, W-2G, 1099, 1098
- Copy of last year’s federal and state returns
- If choosing direct deposit for refund, proof of bank account and routing information (voided check)
- Total paid to daycare provider and their tax ID
- Health insurance exemption certificate if received
- All Forms 1095 Health Insurance Statements