Take Root Milwaukee and the Reclaiming Our Neighborhoods (RON) Coalition are partnering in a new community outreach effort to connect City of Milwaukee residents to trusted, homeownership resources. Take Root is a consortium of 55+ community-based organizations, Realtors, financial institutions, and government that promotes free or low-cost services to help people buy, keep, or fix a home.
Welcome to our site!
BUY: Interested in buying a home? Take Root Milwaukee recommends that everyone start by working with a HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency. Visit our Getting Started page for more information on homeownership education and links to members
KEEP: No one expects to fall behind on their mortgage payments or lose their home to foreclosure, but sometimes the unexpected happens. If financial difficulties are threatening your ability to keep your home, click here to contact Take Root Milwaukee members that can help you.
Be sure to check out our calendar of upcoming events, webinars & outreach events!
This coalition of neighborhood organizations and allies works together to improve the quality of housing in Milwaukee. RON does this by surveying the physical conditions of homes, and connecting residents to resources. Our goal is equitable, healthy neighborhoods of choice and opportunity for all residents. RON is active in the following neighborhoods:
- Amani (Amani United / Dominican Center)
- Clarke Square (Clarke Square Neighborhood Initiative)
- Harambee (Riverworks Development Corp.)
- Layton Park, Burnham Park, Silver City (VIA CDC)
- Lindsay Heights (Walnut Way Conservation Corps)
- Muskego Way (Muskego Way Forward / Milwaukee Christian Center)
- Near West Side (Near West Side Partners)
- Sherman Park (Sherman Park Community Association)
- Washington Park (United Methodist Children’s Services)